Terms & Conditions
Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully before:
– Applying for the Call
– Applying for the Acceleration Program (the “Program”)
– Applying for the Incubation Program (the “Program”)
– Applying for the Program as a mentor
– Accessing the Acceleration Program Platform as a participant
– Accessing the Incubation Program Platform as a participant
– Accessing the Incubation or Acceleration Program as a mentor
– Participating in the Program.
– Participating in any activity or event about Go2Space-HUBs Project
The Project, including the Programs and its components such as the Call, events (Innovation Day, Demo Day, Hackathon…) and activities, is implemented in Spain by University Carlos III (UC3M), in Portugal by Instituto Pedro Nunes and in Estonia by Tallinn Science Park Tehnopol (“us”, “we”, “our”, “organisers”, “organisation”) under contract with the European Commission (Go2Space HUBs https://go2space-hubs.eu/ has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 870370) and according to the following Terms and Conditions:
1. Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions
Application to the Call or participation in the Program shall imply compliance and full acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions include the general compliance of the project, without prejudice to the foregoing, each activity or event could have its own conditions.
Organization reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions of this Call and Program at any time, including their potential cancellation, undertaking to notify the new rules or, where appropriate, their permanent cancellation, with enough notice.
2. Application period
The call application period is from 29th May 2020 to 15th April 2021. The organization reserves the right to shorten or extend this period according to the number and quality of the proposals receives, communicating it through the Go2Space-HUBs website.
3. Participation requirements
The Program is open to:
– Individuals or teams of individuals of legal adult age from any country.
– Corporations (including not-for-profit corporations or organizations) limited liability companies, partnerships and other legal entities, whose members are of legal adult age.
The procedure welcomes all applications and shall not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age or marital status.
4. Selection of participants
Participation is based on the procedures and processes that were established by Go2Space-HUBs project and in compliance with the Participation Requirements (Section 3). The decisions on the selection of participants shall not be subject to dispute. These decisions shall be final and binding for all applicants in the Program.
Following the preliminary screening of applications, additional information may be requested from some applicants.
The Program can be granted to:
– Until 20 applicants, in two editions (10 in each one), who have been selected through the Call for the Acceleration Program.
– Until 10 applicants, who have been selected through the Call for the Incubation Program (Tallinn – Estonia)
– Until 10 applicants, who have been selected through the Call for the Incubation Program (Coimbra-Portugal).
The Program aims to Incubate/Accelerate entrepreneurs/start-ups/scale-ups working in one of the following four areas:
– ‘Space-related projects for a digitalized Europe (e.g. Big Data, IoT, Smart Cities; Smart – transport)
– ‘Space-related projects and applications to solve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGS) – (e.g. low carbon future, social impact)
– ‘Space-related projects in Defence & Security (e.g. Cyber, Military, Big Data, Fintech)
– Spacetech Excellence (Space Upstream & Downstream Sector).
A Jury appointed by Go2Space-HUBs Project shall choose the applicants to be admitted to the Program. The selected entrepreneurs/start-ups/scale-ups must sign a formal agreement with Go2Space-HUBs Project.
The Jury may decide to declare the Call void if it considers that the level of the applications presented does not meet the expectations and/or objectives.
5. Incubation Program
Go2Space-HUBs Project have two different Incubation Program: one in Tallinn (Estonia) and one in Coimbra (Portugal). The applicants only can participate in one of them, selected their preference in the applications form (the Call).
The Incubation Program have a duration of 12 months with an extensive training and coaching in:
– Prototyping and product development support
– Business modelling
– Product-market fit with first traction
– Building up investor relations
The following Selection Criteria reflect the necessary requirements in order to evaluate the entrepreneurs and start-ups for the Incubation Program based on their applications.
6. Acceleration Program
Go2Space-HUBs Project have two editions of one Acceleration Program based on Madrid (Spain) The Acceleration Program have a duration of 3 months (each editions) with an extensive training and individualized coaching in:
– Market Readiness
– Investment Readiness
– Reinforcing your Technology Base
– Reviewing Operations Management.
The following Selection Criteria reflect the necessary requirements in order to evaluate the startups and scale-ups for the Acceleration Program based on their applications:
– Business maturity
– Feasibility and scalability
– Competitive advantage
– Window of opportunity
7. Publication and communication
The finalist candidates will be published on the Go2Space-HUBs website and the organization duly informing finalist of this fact.
The applicant authorises Go2Space-HUBs Project to use the name, title of its proposal/startups/SME, description and logo, with no time limitations, to mention it on the website or in any channel or format related to the Go2Space-HUB in any manner whatsoever, as well as to include it in the historical archives and different types of media used by Go2Space-HUBs Project.
The Call and the Program is organised and executed in English.
The three Space-HUB will have 10000€ each for prices in the form of additional external specialized services for the winners of the Hackathon, the winners of the Incubators (two local Demo Days in total), and the winners of the Accelerator (two local Demo Days in total). These services include
personalized services for the winning start-up/entrepreneurs including:
– Expert advice and assessments related to Intellectual Property Right (identify possibility for protection of technology, help in the legal and administrative processes to secure such protection, help in negotiation related to exploitation and transfer of technology)
– Legal and financial assessments and advice (development of corporate structure, contractual assistance, taxes, labour law, overview of normative frameworks, negotiation with investors)
– Personalized advice on internationalization (development of strategy for international markets).
The prizes will be distributed as follows:
– Hackathon: 18000€ (6000€ each HUB)
– Demo day Incubator: 8000 (4000€ IPN and 4000€ Tehnopol)
– Demo days Accelerator: 4000 € (UC3M HUB)
In addition, an extra prize cover travel expenses for participation in the Investment & Partnering Event where the best start-ups from each HUB will be able to present their project in front of a large audience of investors and potential partners.
A panel of judges will choose a winner or winners for the prizes. The panel of judges includes mentors and people of the organization.
The winner or winners of the programs (if any) will be notified by email and announced on the webpages.
The prizes are not transferable.
Both parts (organization and winners) will arrange a specific agreement regarding to the prizes.
The applicants who are invited to participate in any face-to-face event or activity must pay travel costs associated with their trip and other derived costs.
11. Participations Obligations
The start-ups, entrepreneurs, SMEs or entities participants agrees to:
– Participate a minimum of 80% of activities proposed by Go2Space-HUBs in accordance with the schedule.
– The participation and assistance to the Incubation and Acceleration Program of various team members is desirable.
– Provide feedback at the end of the Program.
12. Data Protection
Participation in the Call is voluntary. The Call requires processing of personal data supplied by the applicants. About the practice that is used concerning the controlling of personal data, the related rights of the applicants and the possibilities available for enforcing these rights, in line with EU General Data Protection Regulation:
– Responsible: Universidad Carlos III (UC3M) CIF: Q2818029G. St.: Madrid 126, 28903 Getafe, Madrid. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Data to be processed: all data supplied by applicants, as well as those derived from their participation.
– Purpose: the accomplishment of necessary tasks for the development of the Call and the Program, including contacting the applicants and the publication of the list of the admitted applicants in any internal or external media.
– Legitimate basis of treatment: your consent expressly manifested in the application process.
– Right of the interested party: access, rectification, opposition, suppression, limitation to treatment, portability and to withdraw the consent provided. These rights may be exercised through a communication to the address of UC3M (email@example.com)
– Applicants expressly authorise Go2Space-HUBs Project to disseminate, through any internal and/or external media it deems appropriate, the name of the business projects and the personal data of the applicants (consisting in their full names).
Participants and Mentors consent to being included in photographs, video and/or sound recordings which may be used by Go2Space-HUBs Project, without payment, in printed and electronic media, including website and social media, for promotion of the Project and its activities and may be selected for permanent preservation in the Project archives and used for research, publication, education, lectures, broadcasting, public performance, displays and exhibitions.
13. Links to other sites
Our Program, Call and Platforms may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Go2Space-HUBs Project.
The Organization have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites or services.
You further acknowledge and agree that the Organisers shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content,
goods or services available on or through any such websites or services.
Go2Space-HUBs Project only provide links to external websites as a convenience, and the inclusion of such a link to external websites does not imply our endorsement of those websites. The applicants and participants acknowledge and agree that when their access other websites on the internet, their do so at their own risk.
We strongly advise to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party websites or services that you visit.
14. Responsibility of Go2Space-HUBs Project
The fact that different applicants may submit applications with similar technologies, information, contents, data, ideas, etc. shall not entail any legal liability of Go2Space-HUBs Project towards any of the applicants or towards third parties.
15. Applicant Declaration
By submitting their applications, participants guarantee:
a) That the applications submitted are original, by their authors, and/or that they have the ability to freely dispose of any ideas, images, or any other element included in their application. Applicants shall be solely liable for any potential infringement of third party rights, with Go2Space-HUBs Project being exempt from liability in this regard.
b) That they have full legal capacity and the capacity to take part in the Call, and that their participation does not violate any regulations of any kind.
c) That Go2Space-HUBs Project shall not be held liable for any damages, losses, costs and/or claims that applicants may incur or that these may suffer as a result of submitting their applications
16. Intellectual Property Rights and Confidentiality
Go2Space-HUBs claims no ownership whatsoever of the information provided by the applicant in the Call or any intellectual property it may contain.
Any and all proprietary rights, including but not limited to rights to and in inventions, patent rights, utility models, copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets, in and to any Confidential Information shall be and remain with the Applicants respectively. The Organisers, the European Commission, the Jury
and mentors shall not have any right, license, title or interest in or to any confidential information, except the limited right to review, assess and help develop such Confidential Information in connection with the Program.
Applicants accept that nothing in these Terms and Conditions authorises or entitles them to use the marks and logos of Go2Space-HUBs, nor any others belonging to the consortium, without the express written agreement of these bodies. Without prejudice to the foregoing, the selected projects must use the generic phrase “With the support of Go2Space-HUBs Acceleration/Incubation Program” and the logo in their webpages and social media. This right may be revoked at any time by Go2Space-HUBs project.
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org